Every New Year people traditionally make there New Year’s Resolution to lose weight or get fit. Although after having a baby this is an obvious need for me it isn’t my New Year’s Resolution. I like to make a few guide posts for my year but I never get too disappointed if things go awry… there is always next year right?!?! Puns aside here is my list of things I would like to accomplish in the next 52 weeks:
- Take a vacation with my daughter.
- Go to church more and really find a spiritual center than I can pass on to my daughter, whatever that is.
- Meditate more. I find peace and rest in this but hardly do it enough.
- Use more whole foods and whole grains in my meals and recipes.
- Bake my own bread more often.
- Go to sleep earlier.
- Read to my daughter more. My favorite book right now to read to her is “My Mom Eats Tofu”. It makes me smile and laugh.
- Organize my kitchen and my spices.
- Declutter everything in my house.
- Join a CSA.
- Practice yoga more regularly.
- Start running again. That jogging stroller isn’t going to jog my daughter around on its own!
- Learn to use my paddleboard.
- Learn to let go of things.
- Read more books for joy after work rather than watch tv.
- Teach my stepkids to surf.
So those are them. I may find that some aren’t feasible this year, or all are and add more, or even tweak the ones I posted, but here is to another wonderful. hope-filled year ahead of us. I hope everyone’s dreams begin coming true with the drop of that crystal ball in Times Square.
Happy New Year. Food is Love.
The Hippie Gypsy.