I missed spinach artichoke dip. The yummy kind you had at the chain restaurants when you went out for a girl’s night and a movie or a date in your early 20’s. It was always gooey fun and my stepkids love it also… so why not veganize it? My first instinct was because it is too hard without the dairy but no no no, it is not! This is an easy dump and go recipe for even the most novice! So beginner vegans enjoy your chips and dip! I have served this to a bunch of my husband’s friends and they never new the sneaky truth. Nor did I tell them. And it will stay that way.
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Garlic
- 2 tbsp Onion
- 2-4tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts (drain & dice)
- 1 block frozen spinach (thaw)
- 5oz Block Vegan Mozzarella Cheese (diced) (I use Cross Your Heart)
- 1/4 cup Tofutti Sour Cream
- 8 oz. tub Vegan Cream Cheese (Tofutti or Galaxy)
- 4 tbsp Vegan Parmesean (I only use Galaxy brand for this recipe)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp red pepper flakes (to taste)
TIME TO COOK!
Take 4tbsp olive oil in bottom of saucepan and throw in garlic (i use alot lke 4 tbsp and the frozen kind in the little cartons is the best to use), some onion I use about 2 tbsp of dehydrated onions, kosher salt to taste (at least 2-4tbsp i use more), and basil at least 1 tbsp.
Heat until it starts to get a touch of brown on the garlic and then dump in a drained can of finely diced up artichoke hearts that were in water; mix. Then dump in the following after the mixture is warm:
- 1 thawed frozen block of spinach,
- 5oz or a half of a block of mozzarella flavored cross your heart vegan cheese diced into smaller cubes;
- 1/4 cup tofutti sour cream (its vegan),
- 1 whole 8oz container of tofutti cream cheese (its vegan); and
- 4tbsp of vegan parmesean cheese.
Mix until mozzarella melts. I add more salt and basil at the end and a bit of red pepper (2 shakes) and 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
NOTE: The nutritional is as follows (I did this myself so it may be a little off). For the whole thing (17.75 servings at 2oz a serving or 1/4cup) It is 35.5oz; 1670 calories, 136grams fat; 61.5 cabrs; 11.5grams fiber; Now by serving it is 94 calories, 7.7grams of fat; 3.5 carbs; 0.65 grams fiber; 1.9 protein, and 3 ww points (it can be 5pts for 2 servings so you save by eating in bulk lol). I eat it with corn chips and find one serving works with one serving of 10 round chips. Enjoy!