I must say that I am in LOVE with the onion foccacia bread that is prepared at Whole Foods. I buy it all the time. I use it in my recipe for chicken pot pie. It is borderline amazing for any purpose. I just adore it. That being said I thought to myself after the holidays were over, “Wow I ate a lot of stuffing but I didn’t stuff it INTO anything”. Then I turned that on it’s head and wondered why not stuff a bread instead of stuff an animal. It is obviously healthier and less gross so let’s give it a whirl. Out came an amazing and delicious treat I have even served my guy friends at a recent dinner with a side of pumpkin curry soup. Enjoy! (they definitely did).
Veggie Stuffed Bread
- Onion Foccacia Square from Whole Foods
- Sliced Green and Yellow Squash
- Fresh Green Beans
- Daiya Havarti (1/2) Block
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 430 degrees.
- Slice out a one inch section of the center of the bread so that it is hollowed out but still has some bread on top and bottom. Do not cut complately through like a sandwich though so that you can fold it shut after filling.
- Drizzle bottom interior of bread with olive oil then stack with sliced squash.
- Crumble cheese on top and in between squash. Layer with Raw Fresh Green Beans.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. Fold top shut.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Food is Love.
The Hippie Gypsy